What to do in LA
What to do in LA
Jill & Kyle's Los Angeles Recommendations
Here's our own curated list of favorite restuarants, bars, and sites that are easily accessible from West Hollywood. We've included direct links to their websites to learn more.
- museum with the lampost lights that are in all those movies (pictured). Some exhibits are free while others require tickets
The Grove / Farmer's Market
- nearby shopping destination
- good for a hike, there are easy or tough routes
The Hollywood Improv
Hollywood Walk of Fame
- the Times Square of LA. Find your favorite Actor's star or take a photo with your favorite super hero "look-alike"
The Getty Center
- museum with artwork, scuptures, and gardens with incredible views of Los Angeles
RESTAURANTS (in order by meal time - but you can go to the bar in the morning, we won't judge):
- go early or you will have to wait in line for a good amount of time. The pancakes are as big as your head!
Breakfast by Salt's Cure
- pancakes so good they don't need syrup! Seriously, they don't even have syrup at this place.
- old Hollywood diner. If you get there before 10A they have an earlybird menu
- best breakfast burrito
- our go to for high quality pour over and delicious pastries
Farmers Market @ The Grove
- best for when you are indecisive, they have every type of cuisine for breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- best fried chicken on a waffle
Lunch or Dinner
Son of a Gun
- best fried chicken on a sandwich, although it's known for seafood. Good for lunch or dinner
In N Out
- need we say more?
- our local sports bar/restaurant
The Fat Dog
- lunch/dinner/drinks. Make sure it's the WeHo Location
- great sushi experience. Go with the Trust Me! Multiple locations open for lunch or dinner
- our favorite happy hour and dinner spot. Must order: bacon wrapped dates and spanish fried chicken (both on their happy hour menu) *Reservations needed outside of happy hour
- maybe tied with our favorite dinner spot as of Jill's birthday this year *Reservations needed
- renowned pizza, but Nancy's Salad is also the best. *Reservations needed
Jon & Vinny's
- pizza and amazing garlic bread. *Reservations needed
Connie & Ted's
- best seafood
- Old Hollywood Mexican restaurant. Our go to for bottomless chips & salsa and their infamous flaming margarita!
- for a great cocktail ($$$) *Reservations recommended
- one of our favorite happy hours for food & drink *Reservations not necessary but recommended
- you're on vacation, enjoy an aperol spritz here. We happened to take our engagement photos here.
- local pub that also has good food selections
Melrose Umbrella Co.
- favorite cocktail: the White Old Fashioned
- get your Oktoberfest on. Beth & Jill once participated in a stein holding contest here and won DAS BOOT
- Jill & Kyle's local watering hole known for their draft beer selection. Zero frills, literally zero -- you've been warned.
Fig and Cotton